This information from Andrea will be useful for travelers in the region of Campania. What You should definitely visit there:
1) CAPRI (by boat 1h)!!!
In Capri buy tickets for funicolare (small train, 5 min) and go up in the small central square, look for GIARDINI DI AUGUSTO!!!
Via TRAGARA!… (Faraglioni!!)! After, go by bus to ANACAPRI and take SEGGIOVIA (Se-jo-via)!!! In the end of this trip, You can go down to the beach (on the right side of the port, free).
This trip is free. You can also choose the trip around Capri (Grotta Azzurra!!!), but is more expensive!
2) Pompei (by train Circumvesuviana, 20km). When You leave the train, entrance to Old Town (11 euro) is only 50 mt on the right!
3) Amalfi (S.Andrea’s church!!) and Ravello (Villa Rufolo!!! or Villa Cimbrone!!!) by bus.
4) Sorren to by train(Circumvesuviana,50 min) and there is’t bus to Positano!
5) Vesuvio, on the top, You need to walk much…
6) Ischia. Take boat: Napoli – Ischia and You can ask for many places there.
Or Napoli-Forio (Forio is small town in Ischia! Not to Ischia directly!
In Forio, take bus to S. Angelo!!
7) National Museum!! Metro station MUSEO.
8) Capodimonte Museum and big garden, by bus.
9) Royal Palace! Piazza del Plebiscito.
10) Caserta: Reggia di Caserta! (Royal Palace,25 km from Naples), it’s very nice. Garden wonderful!!
11) Catacombe: Napoli sotterranea,via dei Tribunali/piazza S.Gaetano
12) Solfatara (Pozzuoli)
Definitely, THE BEST TRIP AROUND NAPOLI is:
COSTIERA AMALFITANA, between POSITANO-Praiano-AMALFI-RAVELLO!!! (by bus, by car or rent a scooter; BY MOTO AND BY CAR: (directly Napoli to Positano-Amalfi because way Sorrento-Positano-Amalfi is TOO long!)
In Napoli the best PIZZA to Sorbillo! Via dei Tribunali/via Nilo, in the center (metro station Dante, no sunday).
Hey ! There are 2 Sorbillo (10 meters far)! Go on the left side!! And go at 19 h, all the time is full! Good Pizza is: Diavola!!! Sorbillo’s red wine is ok (Aglianico!)…
Don’t show your camera in the center!
In Napoli, go on the Vomero hill, in S.Elmo Castle (on the top, by lift, and look panorama! 5 euro); and Villa Floridiana too
There is also good Pizza and Pasta (Trattoria Vanvitelli, Piazza Vanvitelli, on metro 1).
Another fantastic Pizza You can eat in the Pizzeria “La Notizia”(via Caravaggio), but it’s difficult to reach without car.
“Reginella” is a good and panoramic restaurant in front of the sea (via Posillipo, by car): if You eat pizza, it’s not so expensive
The best part in Napoli is Posillipo!! (Via Petrarca, via Orazio, via Catullo … PANORAMA). It’s near but difficult to find without car (by taxy?). The place around train station is no good for accomodation, I think. In Napoli, 500 churchs and… no rules !!
I hope that my information can be useful for You.
I wish You a nice trip
Author: Andrea Rusciano